Minitor 5 SV to NSV

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Vercomm

Minitor 5 SV to NSV

Post by Vercomm »

Hey Guys,

Here's what I'm trying to do. Maybe i'm going about it all wrong. I've got several SV Minitor 5 pagers, just single channel, and i want to have them operate just like a NSV. Ideally i'd like them to be in monitor mode and be able to hear everything on their channel. I tried changing them in engineer mode to NSV, but when i key up on the channel i still don't get audio through the speaker. I have to press the reset button on the side of the pager to hear the audio. i do have the function switch set to Monitor F1. I'm using software 1.7.2 and pager has firmware v3.

Thanks

Jamie
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, torn up and shouting... "Holy Sh*t...what a ride!!"
resqguy911

Re: Minitor 5 SV to NSV

Post by resqguy911 »

I don't think what you are trying to do is possible. Just because the software can be modified won't change the squelch circuit. There is still a button on top of the function knob that would need to be dealt with. If anyone else has ideas on how to do this, I would love to know because somebody ordered 500 SVs that I don't need or want.
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

Disable "push to listen" in the software.
MOTO_LR

Post by MOTO_LR »

Jamie,

I don't believe your problem is related to SV or NSV.
If you have the mode switch position programmed for "Monitor F1" and the pager will not monitor in that switch position,
you have a defective pager that needs to go to the depot.

The Minitor V has a known problem where it will not monitor.
Motorola calls the problem "No audio in the monitor mode".
We have seen this problem many times.
We had 8 Minitor V pagers in a group of 20 that developed this problem in the first 2 years of use.

Bob

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”