Minitor V Reset Functions

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

magna131
New User

Minitor V Reset Functions

Post by magna131 »

Hey all,

I've checked out every forum I can find without much luck, so what I want to do may not be possible, but here goes anyway. I have a Minitor V. Once it goes off, I would like it to remain in "monitor/open" mode for about 2 minutes, and then I'd like it to reset and go back into selective call mode. But, at the same time, I don't want to listen to "white noise," which you'd hear for instance while you wait for the Revert N function to count down.

Reason being, we have a poor signal in our EMS garage, so we have a designated pager cradled in an amplifier located in a spot where we have a good signal, then we ran speakers off of the amplifier into the bunk rooms, the break room, and our office. The problem is, our EMS garage is conveniently located right next to the emergency department, and is within earshot of half of the rooms. So when we get paged out, we'd like to hear what other departments are being paged with us (at least for that few minutes that we're still in the barn) to verify everything was happening smoothly, but we hate to leave the pagers in open mode once we're gone, because it disturbs the patients that are within earshot of our office.

Does anybody have the recipe to make this happen? I've tried about every which way I can think...

Thanks!
Spatch713

Re: Minitor V Reset Functions

Post by Spatch713 »

Get a Federal Informer or something similar. I dont believe that the Minitor series can do what you want.
The image is cracked but so is the view...
magna131
New User

Re: Minitor V Reset Functions

Post by magna131 »

That's kind of what I figured... It's cheaper and less hassle to just set them to Automatic and let them reset themselves immediately.

Thanks though!

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”