MOTOTRBO firmware version R01.08.00 faulty

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RFguy

MOTOTRBO firmware version R01.08.00 faulty

Post by RFguy »

Just a heads up that it appears to me that MOTOTRBO firmware version R01.08.00 is faulty. The symptom is "audio holes" on RX, even in fairly strong areas (but not in very strong RF areas like if the radios are in the same room).

I have only observed it on XPR6550 portables only, so I don't know if it carries over to other models. It was observed consistantly on multiple radios. It was also observed on the version R01.08.00 radio when the transmitting radio had different version firmware in it.

I describe "audio holes" as audio drop-outs sounding like missed syllables when receiving voice audio. This is not drop outs due to low RF. This occurs in strong RF areas.

An upgrade to R01.08.10 resolved the issue.

I would be interested if someone else is able to confirm this issue.
Coxie
New User

Re: MOTOTRBO firmware version R01.08.00 faulty

Post by Coxie »

I may have the same issues here on a MOTOTRBO system of only XPR 4550's. I will get back to you, but initially it looks like all our Mobiles are only outputting 15 Watts when they all are set to High power with 40Watts as the High power setting. All are experiencing the same audio holes you talk about. We have various firmware versions from 1.08.00 through 1.08.20. After some more testing and swapping, I'll get back to you.

If you found anything that helped address your issue since October please share.

Coxie
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Turned out the issue was related to transmit interrupt. If the radio was set to allow transmit interrupt, the fault was evident in version R01.08.00. If we turned off (deselected) “Allow transmit interrupt”, then problem went away.

Problem was resolved in R01.08.01.

The issue was noticed on portables (XPR-6550). Not tested on mobiles.

PS: Low power output. In digital, your watt meter will read approximately 1/2 of what you set the TX power to. Radio set to 40-watts, will read about 20 watts on a watt meter (again, in digital mode).
emsgeorge890
New User

Post by emsgeorge890 »

It did affect mobiles too, ours were experiencing it, and sound artifcats at the end of the rx as well.

First thing we noticed was the end of the recieve 'roger beep' didnt work, and the end of the message sounded garbled.

A firmware update resolved it on all the units.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”