Minitor V Push to Listen problems

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

baycroc
What radios do you own?: HT1250, CP200, HT1000, XTS1500

Minitor V Push to Listen problems

Post by baycroc »

Is there anyone having problems with Push To Listen? Mine is loaded with 1 channel on our local Amb freq and channel 2 is our team channel. The Channel 1 is the page freq but it is alerting on the Push to Listen. The selector knob is set to D and the software PTL box is checked. All works well on the first set of A-B tones but then alerts to the second set(which is completely different). It seems like there is something not calculating properly.

I have several Minitor V's that were 1 Channel and I have changed to a 2 Channel via the "Engineer mode" Is this causing the problem?? It shouldn't
dave
nrembis
What radios do you own?: HT1k, MT2k, MCS2k, XTS3k

Re: Minitor V Push to Listen problems

Post by nrembis »

Uncheck PTL, you will have to use silent scan to alert on either f1 or f2 but risk missing a tone, priority scan alerts on f1 only cannot be muted....is the pager SV or non-SV makes a diference on your revert.
baycroc

Post by baycroc »

They are SV. Any idea why the pager alerts audibly when PTL(Push to Listen) is checked even though the Selector at D is set to "Selective Call F1"? I am not using Scan on "D" Does Silent Scan just pick any freq it wants? I actually should have clarified that the Page tones are A-B and C-D. 2 sets and they are all 4 different. When set A-B is sent, the pager behaves correctly, PTL is active and the pager only vibes and stores the voice. When page tones C-D are sent, the pager sort of behaves like the Sel Call PTL but the alert actually sounds audibly and then stores the voice. Seems like a software glitch to me.

I also just noticed that the software says vibrate in the selection box but then when you save it and come back, the box changes to vibrator. Any coincidence?
Thanks
nrembis
What radios do you own?: HT1k, MT2k, MCS2k, XTS3k

Post by nrembis »

Pager will still alert with PTL on, but not give voice, you will have to push the reset button to hear message......
baycroc

Post by baycroc »

I actually need it to only vibrate and then record. I think is is something wrong with the software when you change the pager from 1 freq to 2. I will probably have to revert to only 1 channel.
thanks again
baycroc

Post by baycroc »

As it turns out, to keep the pager from alerting audibly, even when the pager selector knob position is set to "Push to Listen", you must uncheck the priority alert option. Check the help file. This caveat in the SW actually does come in handy though.

dave

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”