Quantar Control Board Versions

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Terriers618
was Jason618
What radios do you own?: Motorola Syntor X9000.....

Quantar Control Board Versions

Post by Terriers618 »

I know this has been discussed in a few other posts however I need some clarity. I am looking to purchase a used Quantar repeater. I constantly find conflicting info about what firmware version will support P25 operations (IMBE, who even uses VSLEP?). Some advertised quantars running sw 16.x.x advertise full P25 IMBE compatability.

Can anyone elaborate on the version numbers, which will help me run this repeater in full P25 with a fleet of XTL&XTS 2500 radios.

Furthermore if I can't find one for sale with the proper firmware how hard / how expensive is it to upgrade?

Lastly, if its extremely expensive to upgrade is it easy to buy a replacement control board with the latest firmware that will accomplish what I'm looking for?

Also note that I plan on buying a V.24 modem add on kit from MOL to later interface the quantar with a DIU to a CGE.

Thanks in advance for the help.
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Re: Quantar Control Board Versions

Post by The Pager Geek »

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=92932

That thread should answer most of your questions...

tpg
Experienced Provider of Useless Information

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”