Second RCH3000 Fail issue

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

unlisted
was motosapien
What radios do you own?: Way too many...

Second RCH3000 Fail issue

Post by unlisted »

Hey all,

I purchased a second working RCH3000 off ebay recently for my consolette. When I tried plugging it in (removed the other) I got a fail 01/90. Figuring it was programmed incorrectly I verified it was set up the same as the other rch3k that works fine. There was 2 changes I made and tried again, same issue.

Tried the original rch3k, its working fine. Anyone have any suggestions, or do I have a brick of a controller? The only differences between the two are the following:

Good controller:
Model PL3029A
Firmware DDL 4D

Bad Controller:
Model: L3030A
Firmware: DDL 3C

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
-unlisted
Jim202

Re: Second RCH3000 Fail issue

Post by Jim202 »

unlisted wrote:Hey all,

I purchased a second working RCH3000 off ebay recently for my consolette. When I tried plugging it in (removed the other) I got a fail 01/90. Figuring it was programmed incorrectly I verified it was set up the same as the other rch3k that works fine. There was 2 changes I made and tried again, same issue.

Tried the original rch3k, its working fine. Anyone have any suggestions, or do I have a brick of a controller? The only differences between the two are the following:

Good controller:
Model PL3029A
Firmware DDL 4D

Bad Controller:
Model: L3030A
Firmware: DDL 3C

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I think there are some jumpers inside the control unit. Been a long time since I was into them. You might try looking at both and see if I am blowing smoke or they do exist. If they are there, you need to make the new one the same.

Jim

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”