MTX838 B7 programing

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

JFQ
New User

MTX838 B7 programing

Post by JFQ »

Perhaps someone could steer me in the right direction.

I have acquired, many years ago, two MTX838 radios that are in perfect operating condition. Recently I have decided to make use of them. After researching the subject, I have put togetther the hardware necessary to achieve this.

I have a dedicated DOS 6.22 computer, Motorola RSS MTSX LAB v R02.00.01, MTSX v R06.00.00, MTSX64 v R06.04.00 software, and a few others, which work fine in the DOS environment I created.
RIB less cable with which I was able to read and write to the radios using RSS MTSX v R06.04.00 software and all the user manuals for the use of the software. I managed to change them form trunked to conventional use.

Being new to all this, although I have used these types of radios extensively in the past, I have no clue how to program them to work with each other. The subtle changes of the many parameters the software gives you access to escapes me.

I was wondering if anyone knows of either a library of code plugs or comprehensive yet complete documentation that would allow me to learn about this type of radio communication.

Ultimately I would simply use them to work together on one or two channels from the rotary switch and monitor frequencies on other channels.

Thank you

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”