2 x s/h MCX1200, each Powered on ONCE now dead

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

GeoffinSouthOz
New User
What radios do you own?: MTX838 GM950Plus GM1200

2 x s/h MCX1200, each Powered on ONCE now dead

Post by GeoffinSouthOz »

Ok, two radios, sh from ebay.

MCX1200 with the small display. M01RHL9CK4CN with 'MCX1200" on the front panels.

They also have /\/\ stickers applied with '1200 Series Upgrade Stage 4CN
R06.00.30a' and a 25pin Male D connector on the underside of the chassis.

Powered up once, displayed GRIBBLES and then an ID Number, which would be Gribbles Pathology most likely. One allowed me to toggle up down between NURSE and COURIER, they were MPT1327 trunked so possibly ex-Telstra Fleetlink at a guess.

Not sure what's going on. They need to be reprogammed for 70cm ham band (they are primary MPT1327 but have 10 conv channels it seems) so I want the ten conventional channels for 70cm, nothing else, but are dead now.

Do these have an 'autobrick' mode or something? No antenna was connected, did they call for help and then shoot themselves somehow?

They will now not power on at all. Dead. Two radios did exactly the same thing.

Is there a master reset/factory reset or something that will get them up? Not interested in saving the frequencies/trunking etc - no use nor value.

Just need them to power on so they can be reprogrammed.

Also, can some kinds soul please clarify exactly which RSS or CPS to use with these, I'm uncertain if the MTSX RSS or GM1200 CPS is the right one or if it's something completely different.

All help appreciated.

Geoff
VK5GDR
Geoff
VK5GDR
South Australia

Return to “Radio Programming”