XTL 5000 Siren Weirdness

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kc2tgd
What radios do you own?: APX/XTS/XTL/Quantar

XTL 5000 Siren Weirdness

Post by kc2tgd »

I have a mid-power 800MHz XTL5000 with R17.01.01 and a remote O5 control head. I hooked an HLN1439B siren to the DB25 on the XTL and got the DEK to O5 cable HKN6189B something, to connect to an HLN1241D DEK. The siren box and DEK were previously used with a W9 Astro Spectra and worked fine, but with the switch to XTL none of the buttons on the DEK are responsive except SIREN, which when pressed puts out a quick wail followed by continuous air-horn until power is cut (no buttons on DEK are responsive). I synchronized the control head with the radio but that did not help. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eddie
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: XTL 5000 Siren Weirdness

Post by spectragod »

You have to program it via CPS for the DEK box, i.e. program what you want the button to do.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

What radios do you own?: APX/XTS/XTL/Quantar

Post by kc2tgd »

The CPS "DEK A" under Controls under Radio Configuration is programmed to match the buttons on the DEK. Under Radio Wide, PA/Siren, Siren Operation is set to Siren/PA, HiLo Airhorn Tones is Checked, and Manual Tone is Wail
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Post by spectragod »

A box somewhere is most likely not "ticked", i miss stuff like that all the time, usually have to get a second set of eyes to catch my mistake.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Post by ard099 »

We just ran into the exact same issue except with XTL2500's and it ended up being the control head. Nothing you can do except warranty the control head.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”