XTL 1500 CALL LIST

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

webby52
What radios do you own?: HT1250, XTS2500, APX6500

XTL 1500 CALL LIST

Post by webby52 »

So the Chief orders 13 XTL 1500 mobiles with the expectation that they will replace the MCS2000 units in the cars. Display is tiny, only has 48 channels, and ok I can deal with that, but why is the MDC Call list limited to only 10 ID members? I have 28 cops to ID and as far as I know, you can only assign one call list to a Conventional Personality. What gives? The radio still cost over a thousand bucks with no encryption.
tvsjr

Re: XTL 1500 CALL LIST

Post by tvsjr »

To be fair, the 1500 was designed as the bottom end of the ASTRO25 world. There is a flashcode option G791 Enhanced Software Capabilities which upgrades you to 512 channels and 50 MDC Call ID entries (I happen to be programming one right now so I just verified).

Honestly, if you were trying to do nothing more than MDC and conventional operations, you would have been better suited with a Kenwood TK-5720. MDC capable, 100 IDs in a list, bigger display but smaller control head, 512 channels, and a similar price point.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”