MagOne BPR40 Cloning Issues

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

hamannjch
New User
What radios do you own?: Kenwood, ICOM, Wouxun

MagOne BPR40 Cloning Issues

Post by hamannjch »

I'm working with a group of UHF MagOne BPR40 radios, attempting to reprogram the fleet for the narrow banding deadline. All but one of the radios are in daily service at a remote location (ski area), so I'm attempting to get a master unit programmed then clone the remainder in an overnight/end-of-duty-day session. (I'm not a subscriber to RVN5081, so I have to deliver the master unit to a local com shop). I was successful in doing something similar a year ago (added a new simplex channel due to reconfiguration of other equipment). However, I've run into a stumbling block this time.

Utilizing the same cloning cable and procedure from a year ago, the cloning process fails (three different slaves attempted, same result across all, no mod to the slaves, and yes, the master is operating correctly from a TX/RX side, I've verified against a couple of other units (Wouxun) I own which are programmed with the new narrow banding and modified TPL configuration.) Anyone have some hints for where to go with debugging? One concern I noted at the time the master was programmed, the tech was tapping the space bar of his computer, wondering why the cursor of the CPS wasn't moving between fields, and all of these spaces were entered into the PASSWORD field. I asked if he should clear that out, but he said it shouldn't matter (no other characters in the PASSWORD field, and we have never previously used one).

Suggestions?

Return to “Radio Programming”