COM120B or C with EasySpan II

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dbknox
New User

COM120B or C with EasySpan II

Post by dbknox »

Hi,

Anyone using a COM120B or C with the EasySpan II software? If so, what are the RS232 settings on your instrument? In particular, I'm interested in the last 4 items. It appears that if they're not set correctly, the dBm per division will switch from 10 to 2 when you try to capture a trace. I had the settings at one point, but can't find them now.

Thanks,
Doug
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Re: COM120B or C with EasySpan II

Post by Wowbagger »

That shouldn't happen as long as the PC and the COM-120 agree on the settings - that is, if you've set the PC's com port to 115200/8/n/1 and the 120 to the same, it shouldn't matter. All that is happening that Easyspan is sending SCPI commands to the 120 - if the settings don't match you can have some problems.

The biggest issue is to make sure the PC and the 120 agree about flow control - I'd recommend using hardware flow control (RTS/CTS), since using XON/XOFF gets tricky when sending binary data like traces across.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”