Quantro interfacing

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ldanna

Quantro interfacing

Post by ldanna »

Hi group,

just got donated quantro for our repeater group. Quantro functions as a stand alone repeater . I need to interface it to an exteernal controller to add additional links .
So I need to locate COR PTT and audio reccive and Audio transmit. The problem is I need RX audio before de emphasis and an insertion point after any pre emphasis for tx. I used to use theb PL input and disccriminator on plder radios but now am not sure where to find comprable points

Any help appreciated

Larry
Bill_G

Re: Quantro interfacing

Post by Bill_G »

In Quantar world, they call those the WB (wide band) inputs and outputs that are available on the 25pr connector. I don't know if they are in the Quantro. You should get a manual with the backplane diagrams for full pinout of each connector.
desperado
What radios do you own?: Motorola

Post by desperado »

You need a Quantar Installation manual.
A Quantro is a Quantar with a big amplifier.

Depending on the output of said amp, you may not be able to run the amp full out because you may have issue with the high RF level (up to 250 watts) finding a duplexer that will have the needed separation.
Keith
CET USMSS
Field Tech
What more can I say
d119

Post by d119 »

desperado wrote:You need a Quantar Installation manual.
A Quantro is a Quantar with a big amplifier.

Depending on the output of said amp, you may not be able to run the amp full out because you may have issue with the high RF level (up to 250 watts) finding a duplexer that will have the needed separation.
Quantro was more of a transition product between MSF 5000 and Quantar. Quantro uses MSF 5000 PA's and power supplies.

Not sure if the idea was that customers could reuse their PA's and power supplies, or if the Quantar PA's and power supplies hadn't been developed yet.

Regardless, have a look at http://www.repeater-builder.com/motorol ... index.html and you should find what you're looking for there.
sb

Post by sb »

Hi!

I have made this connection for link radio.

Image Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Beno, s56kz
Will

Post by Will »

You should have a DC blocking capacitor in the mic lead going to the link radio. 2.2 uF with the + to the radio's mic input.

We also put a 1K ohm resistor in series with the capacitor.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”