Turbo Question

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Max

Turbo Question

Post by Max »

I'm using a 4550 on a UHF capacity plus system.I have notice that my radio will TX for 3 seconds about every 5 seconds intermittently during the day when the channel is not in use.
I see the TX light come on,turn off then see the signal strength meter on full scale as it would normally done with the tail of the repeater.The current name on the display does not change while this happens.
I'm trying to figure out why this happens,and/or where that option is in the CPS.

Max
Bill_G

Re: Turbo Question

Post by Bill_G »

Do you have gps enabled?
Max

Post by Max »

No

Max
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Is ARS (Automatic Registration Service) being used? Its a check box on a per personality basis.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Max

Post by Max »

ARS is disabled.

Max
Dave518

Post by Dave518 »

Is someone pinging your radio? You can ping a radio over-the-air via command prompt from a PC connected to a control station if you know how to convert the radio ID to an IP address.
Max

Post by Max »

Would that not only apply to IP connect system ?

Max
JRayfield

Post by JRayfield »

"Radio Check" works on Conventional, IP Site Connect, Capacity Plus, and Linked Capacity Plus systems.

John
Rayfield Communications
Springfield, MO
www.rayfield.net
Max

Post by Max »

It's not a "Radio Check" that I'm seeing.With a "Radio Check" you do see the TX light come on for a mili second with no signal strength showing in the display.
What I see is the TX light come on for 3 seconds and full signal strength on the display (4 bars) after the TX drops.

Max
Dave518

Post by Dave518 »

Max wrote:Would that not only apply to IP connect system ?

Max
No. It will work with any radio on any digital channel.
Dave518

Post by Dave518 »

Max wrote:It's not a "Radio Check" that I'm seeing.With a "Radio Check" you do see the TX light come on for a mili second with no signal strength showing in the display.
What I see is the TX light come on for 3 seconds and full signal strength on the display (4 bars) after the TX drops.

Max
Correct. But when you ping a radio (not the same thing as "radio check") you will see the TX indicator light for ~2-3 seconds four times in succession. The signal strength indicator on the display is because of the hang time of the repeater.
Max

Post by Max »

Sound exactly like what i am seeing.Why would this be happening ?

Max
Dave518

Post by Dave518 »

Max wrote:Sound exactly like what i am seeing.Why would this be happening ?

Max
That I can't answer. It really serves no purpose. The only reason I've ever pinged a radio was while troubleshooting an ARS application. I wasn't within range of the system so a normal radio check wouldn't work to verify the radios were actually on. So I remoted into the PC running the ARS application and pinged the radios via IP.
mmc-dsm

Post by mmc-dsm »

It's roaming. That's what was in use before capacity plus and connect plus; some systems remain configured that way.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”