CDM Repeater with 2 CDM 1550

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Locksmith83
New User

CDM Repeater with 2 CDM 1550

Post by Locksmith83 »

Hi guys and girls....I was just wondering what I would need to make a repeater out of 2 CDM 1550's. 2 uhf or 2 vhf or 1 of each and etc. Thanks
Bill_G

Re: CDM Repeater with 2 CDM 1550

Post by Bill_G »

Try out The Repeater Builders site. Tons of info.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

Could be as simple as COT---> PTT and Handset audio/rear RX audio ---> Mic Hi
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

Locksmith83 wrote:Hi guys and girls....I was just wondering what I would need to make a repeater out of 2 CDM 1550's. 2 uhf or 2 vhf or 1 of each and etc. Thanks
If you are not even sure what frequencies or frequency range you'll be using, buying radios is putting the cart way out in front of the horse.

We've talked about repeaters using /\/\ radios with the 16 pin accessory connectors many times before. Interconnecting them is not difficult, and there are some aftermarket cables that make it even simpler. Check out the repeater cables from ebay seller mre1032 - he has great stuff and supplies detailed documentation.

And, as already mentioned, you should spend some quality time over on repeater-builder.com. They have tons of info for many different /\/\ radios. And guess what? Much of the info about radios like the Radius family is about 98% applicable to the Pro series, especially when it comes to building your own repeater. Learn about one and you learn about many of them.

And, FWIW, for most repeater applications why use the much more expensive CDM1550's when CDM750's will work just as well?

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”