Incompatible Model Error programming HT750

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rocket0209
New User

Incompatible Model Error programming HT750

Post by rocket0209 »

I have programmed a number of HT750s successfully using a RIBless cable using CPS 4 & 6.04. I came across one that brings up an error "Incompatible Model", and will not connect to the radio, even to read. I have successfully programmed a similar "R" frequency range model.
I haven't tried resetting the radio, or other possibilities. I slow charged the unit for an extra time period, in case the internal memory battery is depleted. The radio contains programmed frequencies and works normally. Any ideas???
Jim202

Re: Incompatible Model Error programming HT750

Post by Jim202 »

rocket0209 wrote:I have programmed a number of HT750s successfully using a RIBless cable using CPS 4 & 6.04. I came across one that brings up an error "Incompatible Model", and will not connect to the radio, even to read. I have successfully programmed a similar "R" frequency range model.
I haven't tried resetting the radio, or other possibilities. I slow charged the unit for an extra time period, in case the internal memory battery is depleted. The radio contains programmed frequencies and works normally. Any ideas???

There is the possibility that the radio was last programmed with a higher version software that what your trying to use.

Jim
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

rocket0209 wrote:I have programmed a number of HT750s successfully using a RIBless cable using CPS 4 & 6.04. I came across one that brings up an error "Incompatible Model", and will not connect to the radio, even to read. I have successfully programmed a similar "R" frequency range model.
I fully agree with Jim. Your versions of the Pro Series CPS are very, very old at this point.

FWIW, Version 6.12.05 specifically addressed the problem of the CPS running under Vista and Win 7. It was released at least 18 to 24 months ago (my memory is fuzzy on this and am not finding the release notes easily this am). Since many programmers wanted or needed to run this CPS on newer PC's, it becomes more and more probable that we'll each encounter radios that require that version or higher.

HVN9025 is currently up to revision 6.12.09.
rocket0209
New User

Post by rocket0209 »

Thanks guys...............I since heard from a friend the same explanation. So the answer is unanimous. Is there a way to reset internal info to overcome this programming obstacle?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

rocket0209 wrote:Thanks guys...............I since heard from a friend the same explanation. So the answer is unanimous. Is there a way to reset internal info to overcome this programming obstacle?
Hmmm, you can try writing an older saved codeplug from an identical model into the radio. I can't remember if those old versions of Professional CPS actually did a version check when cloning or not...but I don't believe so.

If that doesn't work, you're pretty much outta luck.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “Radio Programming”