Standard GX4800UT Programming

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

yagermeister

Standard GX4800UT Programming

Post by yagermeister »

I recently acquired a Standard GX4800UT UHF Trunking mobile radio, and can't seem to find any information on programming. Does anyone here have experience with this particular model?
Thank You
WA7IEP
WQZW304
NSPD
What radios do you own?: Motorola FR50!

Re: Standard GX4800UT Programming

Post by NSPD »

They program with DOS software and they are an absolute pain in the @$$ to work with.

*IF* you can get them programmed, they are decent radios to use. I had several of them years ago, but I no longer have anything to work on them.
Jake
yagermeister

Re: Standard GX4800UT Programming

Post by yagermeister »

I'm happy somebody had success with this radio. I found the correct software (4800dual.exe) and got a cable with the built-in interface electronics. No luck reading or writing to the radio. The person that sold it didn't know what the password was, or how to enter it. All I've gotten is ERROR READING PASSWORD when trying to read the radio, and cannot find "F-Table" when trying to write conventional modes to the radio. I don't know if these can be "bricked" as some Motorola radios can, but all I get now is NO DATA. The only place I could find any manuals was a European site and you'd think you were buying Gold for the prices they wanted. Quite frankly, I don't think it's worth spending the money without any hope for being able to program the radio. Do you remember any tricks to entering the password or ways to get past it, or why I get the "Error Reading F-Table" when trying to write to it? I'm beginning to realize why a trunking radio with 200 "personalities" wouldn't go for $50 on eBay.
Thank You,
Gary
WA7IEP
WQZW304

Return to “Radio Programming”