HT1250 - adding Channels/Personalities to Zones

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

g8tzl2004

HT1250 - adding Channels/Personalities to Zones

Post by g8tzl2004 »

Is the only way to add extra channels/personalities to zones by using the Personality Assignment Wizard?

With other CPS you can usually just click on a "+" sign and it will add another channel to the zone.

With the HT1250 CPS, clicking on a "+" sign adds another zone rather than an extra channel to the zone!!
jackhackett

Re: HT1250 - adding Channels/Personalities to Zones

Post by jackhackett »

Under Personality Assignment to Zone go to the Channels tab and right click over the channel numbers on the left, you should get a popup menu that will let you add channels unless the zone is already full.
Not exactly intuitive, but that's how they decided to do it.
g8tzl2004

Post by g8tzl2004 »

Thanks jackhackett - all clear now

Any idea why I seem to have the option to select LT Trunking in the Zones.

My model number is H25KDH9AA6 which is a standard non-trunking HT1250 - so I would have expected all the LS Trunking options to be shaded and not accessible??
jackhackett

Post by jackhackett »

I'm not sure, I just opened a codeplug for the same model number and they were all grayed out in mine.
g8tzl2004

Post by g8tzl2004 »

Maybe my HT1250 was force feed an LS codeplug using Waris Lab CPS?

Maybe the number of conventional channels in an LS codeplug depends on how much space is used up by the trunking setup - so if you don't use trunking, you get more than 32 conventional channels?

I also had to use LA (Latin American) rather than AA (USA) CPS....but I guess that proves that its not a Chinese parts built radio??

The radio seems to be working OK although the SQ level is a bit too high but just needs lowering using the Tuner software.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

g8tzl2004 wrote:Maybe my HT1250 was force feed an LS codeplug using Waris Lab CPS?

Maybe the number of conventional channels in an LS codeplug depends on how much space is used up by the trunking setup - so if you don't use trunking, you get more than 32 conventional channels?

I also had to use LA (Latin American) rather than AA (USA) CPS....but I guess that proves that its not a Chinese parts built radio??

The radio seems to be working OK although the SQ level is a bit too high but just needs lowering using the Tuner software.
What are the two letters that precede the H25? If it is a north American radio, they should be AA.
g8tzl2004

Post by g8tzl2004 »

I extracted the model number from the CPS and all it says is H25KDH9AA6. My "HT1250" came with no tags or front label.

When I used AA CPS , I got "Error 4 -1379 Invalid region Code for this CPS Version. Use a CPS version which supports the region of the source radio"

So I used CPS called "ProSeries_Conventional_LS_LA_CPS_R06.12.05"....and when it installed it was called R06.12.05_LA

The LA version worked OK and read the HT1250 no problem.

Interestingly, I already had AZ region Waris CPS installed. When I originally installed the AA version, the install routine asked if I wanted to delete the "existing CPS". I said NO and the AA version was installed ....BUT I think all it actually did was open up the region lock for AA radios - when I checked in the CPS info screen, it now said both AZ and AA regions. When I installed the LA region CPS, the CPS info screen then said AZ, AA and LA.

I have just check a Motorola Trunking HT1250LS and LS+ brochure and the spec says that the VHF HT1250LS does 128 conventional channels while the 200MHz, UHF and 700 MHz versions only do 16 conventional channels!!!

So maybe my HT1250 is a HT1250LS which does 128 conventional channels anyway!!!! BUT I'm not sure why the model number is H25KDH9...AA..6?? The "AA" in the model number indicates a conventional radio (nothing to do with the AA region)

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”