APX Emergency on power-up

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

webby52
What radios do you own?: HT1250, XTS2500, APX6500

APX Emergency on power-up

Post by webby52 »

APX 6500 installed with remote head. Mistakenly pressed man down button on a remote speaker microphone attached to the accessory port on the back of the remote head. (http://www.wirelesscorpltd.com/solution ... ific/x10dr) Was able to clear emergency from the remote mic with a long press but now every time the radio turns on it goes into emergency mode.

Have disconnected remote mic, removed power from brick and remote head for over a minute, flashed firmware to newest release..(R12.00.00) and re-cloned CPS. Have attempted to clear emergency from radio head as well and once the power cycles goes right back into alarm.

Still goes into emergency every time it powers up. Ideas?
jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: APX Emergency on power-up

Post by jmr061 »

Do you have the ground jumper for emergency installed in the rear plug acc plug?
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

KB9KST wrote:Do you have the ground jumper for emergency installed in the rear plug acc plug?

As with what KB9KST has said, my guess is the radio has been set in the software setting to have "EMERGENCY" set active. Most of the mobile radios Motorola has come out with have the emergency option available. It uses a closed circuit through a switch placed so that the operator can reach it to set an emergency condition by changing the position of the switch. This opens the circuit and causes the radio to go into the emergency programmed mode.

The simple solution is to turn off the emergency mode in the software. The safe way of fixing the problem is to put a jumper from the emergency pin on the accessory connector to ground. If you use a factory supplied ignition cable and accessory connector, the ground to emergency pin jumper is already in the connector.

Jim
2wayguy
Batboard $upporter

Post by 2wayguy »

He said remote head so there shouldn't be a need for the rear accessory connector on the brick itself.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Let me clarify....not the back of the radio but the back of the head.

Jason
webby52
What radios do you own?: HT1250, XTS2500, APX6500

Post by webby52 »

There is a David Clark wireless headset wired into the brick in the trunk, and the X10D is wired into the single remote head up front using a stock accessory connector though the X10s wire mockup. I've disconnected the X10 harness from the charging base, with no luck...but I'm gonna yank the X10D out of the truck altogether as I suspect its causing the problem.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”