MCS2000 and MDC Questions

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tsunami_australia
What radios do you own?: too many to list here apparent

MCS2000 and MDC Questions

Post by tsunami_australia »

I'm playing with the MDC features in my MCS2000 radios at the moment and have a few questions of those with more knowledge and experience than I.

1. I've seen youtube videos of radios showing an acknowledgement of call rx but whilst the radios I have been on rx they do not acknowledge the caller. How are they setup to acknowledge calls back to the sender? I'm using CPS2.03.

2. status call/message call - is there any way I can have all the radios receive and display the status/message call from any radio in the fleet? I'd like to for example be able to send status 2 (get some bread and milk) from the base radio and have all other live radios in the fleet see the status/message. Is this possible? What is required to receive these status'?

3. What is required for remote monitor, sting etc? I'm used to basic 5tone cml ccir so MDC and it's advanced features looks great but is a massive change. I'd love to be able to just send a particular call number out to sting a brick for example by sending maybe 220134 for radio 2201 with 34 being sting code.

4. Is there any way to have ALL radios in the fleet beep to an emergency call (say make emergency call a group call)? And does the mic for emergency call HAVE to be a discrete mic? Can the audio not be taken from the standard front plug in mic? When my bricks go into emergency atm they tx a blank carrier (no discrete mic) and don't send a group call so none of the radios in the fleet answer or know wtf is going on :(.

5. H&L connectivity. Is the H&L a positive output on pin16 I think it was to be grounded on digital ground via a relay to feed power to whatever alert mechanism? Should this be 1-2a fused like the ignition sense?

6. OT for this but is there a HLM type part number of a package of just the pins for the accessory connector? I have the part number for the connector but need more pins and would rather not have to have wasted plugs at extra cost if I can help it when I only need the pins. I'm looking at maybe installing a discrete mic and foot switch in the car along with H&L etc all requiring many more pins than the plugs usually ship with. A bulk pack of 30-50 blank pins for the accy plug ready to have something crimped into them would be nice.

TIA and all help is much appreciated. I see great abilities in the MDC calling but I'm only touching the sides on how to make it work regretfully.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”