Emergency Button

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rescuer
What radios do you own?: APX7000, XPR7550, PR400

Emergency Button

Post by rescuer »

Perhaps it's wishful thinking but it seems doable.

I have a few XPR7550. I would like to set it up where if one user pushed his Emergency Button, his radio would transmit an emergency signal to the other radios. This is not using a console, it is strictly between the portables (although if our mobiles can decode it as well it is okay).

I can get the transmitting radio to change to an orange screen and display Emergency TX Alarm, and it actually will transmit but all it is doing is a short burst, similar to just pressing and releasing the PTT Button. The receiving radios do nothing other than a normal sound when someone keys/dekeys a radio.

Ideally, when the Emergency Button is pressed, the transmitting radio would send a signal to the other radios which would change screens colors or otherwise indicate that a user has pressed the Emergency Button. The transmitting radio would then remain with an open mic for approximately 10 seconds.

This is analog only, no digital just yet.

Is this possible? Is there ANYWAY in which a portable can decode an emergency?

Thanks to all,
tuckerm

Re: Emergency Button

Post by tuckerm »

You can set this up using MDC.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
rescuer
What radios do you own?: APX7000, XPR7550, PR400

Post by rescuer »

How? I can get the other radios to display the MDC ID but there is no indication that the user has pressed the Emergency Button.

The only radio that displays any emergency condition is the radio that pressed it, not really helpful.
tuckerm

Post by tuckerm »

Try going under Radio Wide> TPS. Emergency Alarm Rx Indicator Type: Alert & Display.
Schrodinger's Radio: It is simultaneously too loud and too quiet, but you will never know which until someone transmits.
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

Check the boxes for Emergency Alarm Indication and Emergency Call Indication in the channel field.

Emergency Alarm Indication
Determines if audio and visual indication is given by the radio when an emergency alarm is received. If the checkbox is unchecked, the radio displays nothing when it receives an emergency alarm. This is a channel-wide feature.

Emergency Call Indication
Determines if a visual indication is given by the radio when an emergency call is received. This is a channel-wide feature.

tuckerm wrote:Try going under Radio Wide> TPS. Emergency Alarm Rx Indicator Type: Alert & Display.
None of those fields exist in MotoTRBO radios sir.
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
n1gtl
What radios do you own?: XPR5550, XPR7550e

Post by n1gtl »

resqguy911 wrote:
tuckerm wrote:Try going under Radio Wide> TPS. Emergency Alarm Rx Indicator Type: Alert & Display.
None of those fields exist in MotoTRBO radios sir.
I believe tuckerm mixed up the APX software with MotoTRBO. His remedy is accurate for displaying emergencies on the APX radios.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

XPRxxxx --> Signalling systems --> Digital Emergency --> Sys(x) everything you should need is under here.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
bh7juo
New User

Post by bh7juo »

Perhaps emergency signalling(MDC)need access control center(may called dispatcher station???) and station will transpond emergency call by another format to other radios in this group.I have no other radio and dispatcher station to confirm it.
BH7JUO Mark
HF DX,test set repair,PCB design,MCU coding,DIY......still have not enough time

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”