Quantar Torx Screws?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

W6WAW

Quantar Torx Screws?

Post by W6WAW »

Hi,

Anyone happen to know the specifications for the Torx machine screws that hold the Quantar modules into the chassis and the back-plane cover on?

With the help of the fastener expert at my local independent hardware store, I have concluded that they are metric thread cutting. He thinks that they are 3.5 mm, but doesn't have anything in that size. I suspect that non-thread cutting would be fine. Also, I'd settle for non-Torx if necessary.

Motorola part numbers would be good, but I'm sure that I could find them elsewhere for a lot less if I knew what they were.

Many thanks.

Fred
MattSR

Re: Quantar Torx Screws?

Post by MattSR »

Zing! Now thats something I should've realised - Being in Oz all our stuff is metric by default so when I grabbed a torx to pull some modules out of a Quantar cage it just seemed natural.

Next time I'm in front of one i'll make a note of exactly which metrix Torx driver is the correct one.

Cheers,
Matt
W6WAW

Post by W6WAW »

What I need is the actual size of the screw. I am looking for some replacements for missing screws.
I have the Torx driver size. Sorry if I wasn't clear on this.

Thanks.

Fred
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

Yeh no problem, ill get this as soon as I can. might be a few days though.
W6WAW

Quantar Torx Screws -- 3.5 mm

Post by W6WAW »

Since they were cheap, I ordered some 3.5 mm machine screws from McMaster - Carr. They arrived today. They are the correct size, although they only had Phillips instead of Torx head available.

Torx has become so common these days that it offers minimal tamper security anyway.

Thanks to all those who took the trouble to read my post.

Fred
k9ASTRO
New User

Post by k9ASTRO »

The original part number for the screws is CHN6100A.
Motorola Parts ID crosses this to 0312013A49.
Current price is $0.13 each
chtucker

Post by chtucker »

Just in case anyone cares.. the above part number is incorrect. Had to call the mothership to get it..

It is
0312016A49

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”