Anyone Running MIP5000 Got a solution for POwering gateways

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

celltech25

Anyone Running MIP5000 Got a solution for POwering gateways

Post by celltech25 »

Anyone else running MIP5000 came up with a solution to running the Gateways other than the standard power brick

Would like to find a power supply that could run multiple gateways instead of needing 20 power chords and tons of wires and power bricks to deal with
RFguy

Re: Anyone Running MIP5000 Got a solution for POwering gatew

Post by RFguy »

I think they are 5-volt input. if so, you could use any number of 5-volt supplies to power them.
akash1

Post by akash1 »

And these power bricks are not that great either, 4 failed in a year.

Here is what I did, had access to old Rack mount raid boxes, which has redundant power bricks capable of supplying +3.3, +5 , +12 and -12.

rebuilt them into a spare 2U chassis and distribution terminal and using only a +5V o/p, I can now power 20+ gateways with the luxury of redundancy

you can get one of these bricks for a reasonable cost (< 300$)

http://www.rackmountmart.com/html/rps.htm

if you go the other route of redundant pre-built power supplies, be ready to shell out upwards of 3K$
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

Consider using an old computer power supply. You get the +5 volts as well as + and - 12 volts. Plenty of amps for the most part for what you need.

Use a terminal strip with multiple jumpers between the different screws. Split the barrier strip in half. Make half of it ground and the other half the + 5 volts.

Jim

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”