SNMPv3 Issue with UEM & HP 2610-24 Switch

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fireradio
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Various APX series

SNMPv3 Issue with UEM & HP 2610-24 Switch

Post by fireradio »

A few days ago, two HP 2610 switches went into CommFailure state on our 2nd UEM. No problems on the 1st UEM (we have a DSR system). However, the switches and subsequently the 1st UEM is reporting security access violations from UEM 2's IP. When I do an SNMP configuration test from UEM 2, I get a response saying the SNMP EngineID is invalid.

UEM 2's subnet is already a valid manager in the switches.

I have the EngineID of the switch; how can I make sure its correct in UEM? Or, is there another route I should be taking to resolve this problem?

Thanks for any feedback!
OSS
"Keeping public safety on the air..."
Astro Spectra

Re: SNMPv3 Issue with UEM & HP 2610-24 Switch

Post by Astro Spectra »

The engine ID is used to generate the keys from the original and new passphrases. Those resulting keys are loaded into the element and used to check credentials of v3 commands.

If you've not intentionally changed the passphrases I would suspect something more mundane like the switch dropping its memory or incorrect passphrase loaded into the manager. Try the default switch passphrase or compare manager credentials.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”