MT2000 question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Mattdecker
New User
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 VHF FPP

MT2000 question

Post by Mattdecker »

I'm new here and have searched and looked online and can't find anything to solve the problem.

I have an MT2000 w/ top display that to hear sound, such as monitoring, I have to push on on the front of the radio.

I have opened it up and made sure the flex ribbons are snugly connected but it still does it.

Any solutions?

Thanks

Matt
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Re: MT2000 question

Post by MTS2000des »

So when you connect an RSM can you hear audio from the RSM? I would suspect cold solder joint from the front cover flex to the speaker itself if the audio passes to the RSM.

You might also try swapping a front cover from another MT2000 or Jedi of any flavor just to isolate the problem. If the problem does not go away with known good front cover/flex, then it may be an interconnect flex issue but I suspect your issue is in the front cover itself.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”