CDM1250 Issues

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

BigTex1136
What radios do you own?: XTS APX VIKING KENWOOD

CDM1250 Issues

Post by BigTex1136 »

I have a CDM1250 dash mount that is giving me some issues. The control head fell off the radio and the flex cable was damaged. I replaced the flex cable with a new one and when you put the radio back together and power up it just gives you the power up beep over and over. No display or lights just the beeps. I am thinking the head is damaged as well but thought I would check here before. I have checked all the connections and boards for damage or burnt but find nothing. Any ideas? Thanks
GOT MODAT?
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: CDM1250 Issues

Post by SteveC0625 »

BigTex1136 wrote:I have a CDM1250 dash mount that is giving me some issues. The control head fell off the radio and the flex cable was damaged. I replaced the flex cable with a new one and when you put the radio back together and power up it just gives you the power up beep over and over. No display or lights just the beeps. I am thinking the head is damaged as well but thought I would check here before. I have checked all the connections and boards for damage or burnt but find nothing. Any ideas? Thanks
Flex cable might be in backwards or not fully seated. There should be a O printed on each end of the cable and a corresponding O next the to socket on both the head and the radio body. That gives you the polarization of the flex cable at both ends. Double check that and that it is fully seated at both ends. (I know this is super basic, but ruling out the simple stuff is important.)
jackhackett

Re: CDM1250 Issues

Post by jackhackett »

Make sure the control head board and keypad are all seated in the housing properly and none of the keys are stuck.
Make sure the flex is in the right way.
Check that you are getting 12V to the control head, on the schematics it's FLT_A+ on pin 3 of the flex cable. There's a small fuse in the radio for this voltage.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”