New Multi-site Capacity Plus upgrade?

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

FatBoy

New Multi-site Capacity Plus upgrade?

Post by FatBoy »

Anybody have any info on this new upgrade? Trying to locate info. This is NOT connect plus. It may offer some alternative solutions to a few of our customers who have serious coverage challenges. FB
......I understand what the package says sir, but you cannot talk 28 miles with 3 AA batteries.......
trumpetman12

Re: New Multi-site Capacity Plus upgrade?

Post by trumpetman12 »

Found this brochure a few minutes ago, seems to be the only thing I can find on "Linked Capacity Plus". Looks like this might be a IP Site Connect/Capacity Plus hybrid? I seem to recall that they were anticipating a 20 site maximum for Connect Plus and 6 sites for Capacity Plus...but I can't seem to find the original information that had these numbers.

http://www.dcrs.co.uk/news/pdfs/LinkedC ... e_EMEA.pdf

Also be sure to notice that this has a UK origin.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Yes, it was announced in Vegas a few months ago that it was coming. I don't have my notes in front of me, but I believe it was 3 sites with up to 5 repeaters per site, or up to 6 sites with a maximum of 3 repeaters per site. Basically more sites = less repeaters per site. Still all the same caveats of 'regular' capacity plus...no controller so no ID level access control, no queuing, no priority, etc, etc.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
t95mwp
Batboard $upporter

Post by t95mwp »

Here is the info for the upcoming class in May.

Course: DAV1600 - Linked Capacity Plus for MOTOTRBO - Section # 1
Section Title: DAV1600 - 050112 - Linked Capacity Plus for MOTOTRBO
Section Format: Virtual
Section Date Range: 5/1/2012 - 5/1/2012
Event Date Range: 5/1/2012 11:00 AM - 5/1/2012 12:00 PM
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

But Genesis indicates they will support it, so ID and talkgroup monitoring will continue for my sites...
chrisdowland
New User

Post by chrisdowland »

Motorola released this product a little over 3 weeks ago it is a free upgrade for the subscribers BUT you have to purchase an entitlement ID for each repeater that will have this feature enabled this is been nicknamed at our company "poor mans connect plus" :) but seriously it is a very very nice feature you can have 5 repeaters at each site if you do the 3 site option and at the MAXIMUM 5 SITES you can have 3 repeaters per site but the amount of data repeaters is like 10 per site. so in a nutshell you get a high speed link at each tower or dedicated wifi between towers you need very low latency is key in the connection between towers . the repeaters utilize a SITE IP address at each location and as the rest channel passes from one repeater to the next it will take on n the site ip address this way when you key up the radio on site A whichever repeater at site B has the site ip address MUST be the current rest channel and then that repeater at site B C... will key up and start broadcasting your group call private call..text ..whatever ..this system is a modified ip site connect there is NO controller the way they do it is there is 1 master repeater in the entire system and its only job is repeater discovery at each site. there is a lot more to this system than what i can put on a single post . if you have anymore questions I will be glad to answer them motorola used the company where i work for the field prototype testing for capacity plus and linked capacity plus so I already have a 3 site system that is working very well and would be glad to answer any questions you might have.
also it is a fraction of the cost of a connect plus system BUT NOT THE SAME THING it has all the features of capacity plus but NO dedicated control channels if a repeater "dies" it will continue to run but this is intended for commercial/industrial use NOT public safety yet
-chris Leading Edge Wireless MEMPHIS.TN

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”