advice on putting an XTS2500 M3 front on a M2

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

adlertom

advice on putting an XTS2500 M3 front on a M2

Post by adlertom »

Hi,

I have an XTS2500 model II with a cracked plastic front cover. I'd like to repair the radio by installing a model III front cover that I happen to have laying around.

I understand/expect that the radio wouldn't actually magically become a model III, and features that depend on a keypad like radio lock, unlimited call, DTMF, etc. wouldn't work. But would I encounter any other issues by doing this?

Thanks,

Tom
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Re: advice on putting an XTS2500 M3 front on a M2

Post by n7maq »

adlertom wrote:Hi,

I have an XTS2500 model II with a cracked plastic front cover. I'd like to repair the radio by installing a model III front cover that I happen to have laying around.

I understand/expect that the radio wouldn't actually magically become a model III, and features that depend on a keypad like radio lock, unlimited call, DTMF, etc. wouldn't work. But would I encounter any other issues by doing this?

Thanks,

Tom

It should work fine, plus you are half way there to upgrade it to a III.

Jim

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”