Minitor V programming questions.

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MFDHoward
New User

Minitor V programming questions.

Post by MFDHoward »

Hey guys,

I need some help from you experts!

-If I put my pager in programming mode and in the cradle will all the pre-programming be wiped?
-Is there a ability to read all the pre-programmed freq/tone info for me to copy down?

Reason I ask is I plan to use engineer mode to turn my one channel pager into a two channel because I carry two minitor V's for my two departments and its a real pain!

I thought I would post this picture link of my two pagers just to prove that this is really my annoying problem: (A Green dot tells me which one is which)

http://i.imgur.com/kDk2C.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/N0Hpv.jpg
WV8VFD
was KD8CPP
What radios do you own?: WAY TO MANY

Re: Minitor V programming questions.

Post by WV8VFD »

No on question one.

When you insert the pager, and read it from the software it will show you the current programming. You can copy everything down from there. The data wont change, unless you change it.
Tyler Lewis
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: Minitor V programming questions.

Post by SteveC0625 »

MFDHoward wrote:-Is there a ability to read all the pre-programmed freq/tone info for me to copy down?
Read the pager, click on File, then click on Print. All of the regular programming info will be dumped to a one page print out.

Then click on File again, and click on Save As to save your original code plug.

No sarcasm intended here, but perhaps you should get real familiar with all the features of the PPS before jumping into the Engineering mode.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”