min 3/4 narrowband programming ?

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cduda
What radios do you own?: GP300, HT1250, CDM1250

min 3/4 narrowband programming ?

Post by cduda »

I have searched the forum but can't find the answer. I have heard the min 3 and 4 needs to be changed via programming for narrowband channel's. If so, where do you do this ? In engineer portion or something else ?

Also, one forum says you can't mix match the min 5 for wide vs narrow but programmer allows this in the check boxes to choose per channel or freq.

Please advise.

Thanks
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: min 3/4 narrowband programming ?

Post by SteveC0625 »

The 3's & 4's are wideband only. There is nothing in the programming or engineering mode for narrowband. However, there are a couple of shops around the country that are offering to convert them to NB for a price. This involves swapping out some components and retuning them. Last I heard, it was about $60 per unit plus shipping.

The V's can be NB on one channel and WB on the other. I've never heard that you couldn't do that on any forum or other source.

Another urban legend, perhaps?
cduda
What radios do you own?: GP300, HT1250, CDM1250

Post by cduda »

Great. Thanks
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

I've heard the "tweak" some shops do on M3 and M4 are somehow increasing volume to compensate for lower audio on 12.5khz paging on voice and tone systems.
nothing
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

wkr518 wrote:I've heard the "tweak" some shops do on M3 and M4 are somehow increasing volume to compensate for lower audio on 12.5khz paging on voice and tone systems.
Could well be. Over on elb, somebody was claiming that there is a shop that swaps out some parts and tweaks the unit for NB. I confronted the guy on it, and he never gave me a shop name or other info so that I could verify some of this.

It would be nice if somebody who is actually doing this, or knows someone who is actually doing this, would pass usable info so that we could learn about this. It's all just rumors so far. I don't doubt that it is being done so why the mystery?
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

One of the shops is United Communications in St Charles, MO. uccwireless.com
nothing

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”