Minitor V Programming Cable Pin-Outs

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

BIGLDH

Minitor V Programming Cable Pin-Outs

Post by BIGLDH »

Hey Gang!

I have a Minitor V programming cradle (official M product, not aftermarket) and I managed to lose my DB9 Serial to RJ45 cable. I never thought, before now, to test the pinouts for the cable so I could make a homemade cable vs. spending $40.00 - plus for something I can make here for free. I know there were only a red and a black wire in the RJ45 plug, but I have NO idea what DB pin they are connected to. Is there anyone who might have this info??? I can't seem to find a single hit on the internet or here that provides any information whatsoever!

Thanks a ton for your time and looking forward to hearing from you!

***EDIT*** Okay, so I didn't realize you need a 'chip' inside the DB9 to convert voltage, etc... I was under the wrong impression it was a simple DB9 to RJ45 connection... Will now be looking for a thread on how to build with the chip...

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”