XTL5000 No power up

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Squad5
was mwb9122

XTL5000 No power up

Post by Squad5 »

My Chief tried flashing his XTL5000 in his buggy using the current version of CPS and Firmware. He has all the correct things, legit flash key and Moto USB Cable. He started to flash it, it installed the flashzap software, started to remove the current codeplug, and now the radio will not power up whatsoever. The radio won't even display a fail code or anything. It does nothing.

Any help?
spectragod
What radios do you own?: FPP 6 meter XTL 5K's

Re: XTL5000 No power up

Post by spectragod »

There are internal fuses, 1 on the control head and another in the brick, not a good time to change unless you have a hot air station and some type f magnification.

If you can read the radio with a USB cable(HKN6172) on the back of the brick, that should help you isolate where the problem is.
Kilgore: Smell that? You smell that?
Lance: What?
Kilgore: Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that.
Kilgore: I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...

Re: XTL5000 No power up

Post by Jim202 »

mwb9122 wrote:My Chief tried flashing his XTL5000 in his buggy using the current version of CPS and Firmware. He has all the correct things, legit flash key and Moto USB Cable. He started to flash it, it installed the flashzap software, started to remove the current codeplug, and now the radio will not power up whatsoever. The radio won't even display a fail code or anything. It does nothing.

Any help?

I hope he didn't pull the computer programming cables before it was done. There is a time during the process that looks like it is done. Just have to wait until you get a message it is complete. If not, you may be looking at a trip to the repair center.

Jim

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”