EX600 XLS UHF 450-512- LCD Screen

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

stevenr437
1 Warning for RSS/CPS Wanted/For Sale/Links

EX600 XLS UHF 450-512- LCD Screen

Post by stevenr437 »

Wondering if anyone can advise why the LCD screen does not light up on the radio? Just some background, the light was working in the beginning when I got the radio, then it stopped. Lightly banged the radio and it would come on, then eventually I opened the radio unplugged the module and put it back together, tried 3 times and it still does not light up.

The DTMF keypad lights up when turning the radio on or pressing one of the numerical keys, however the LCD screen display does NOT light up. Could the LCD Module have gone bad? Perhaps I need to replace it with the OEM Motorola Replacement LCD Display Module? Saw one on Ebay for about 29 dollars.

Any help or advise would be appreciated. I would hate to take it to a shop, just to have them to tell me it is the LCD module which I can buy myself and install at a quarter of the price the shop will charge me. I'm sure I can save myself 200 dollars in tech repairs if it is just a bad LCD module.

FYI: I can see all the numbers, letters channels, options, menus, etc. It is just hard to see at night when I am on a call and need to change to a different channel.

Thanks all

Stevenr437@aol.com

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”