TLD2502A duplexer

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

arlojanis

TLD2502A duplexer

Post by arlojanis »

I have a TLD2502A duplexer. 148 to 174 mhz range. 1.5 min spacing. No max spacing listed. I am following instructions and trying to align for 7.63 mhz split. Transmitt power input is 60 watts and output is 15 watts. Any tips to try for less loss?
"The world runs on radio."
Bill_G

Re: TLD2502A duplexer

Post by Bill_G »

Got pretty pictures cuz my Google Fu is failing a search for TLD2502.
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

This is one of two in the MSF5000 manual. The other one is a 3.5 mhz min. spacing. It is 4 cavities with loops and trimmer caps.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

mkay. There tends to be a high side and a low side. Have you tried tuning from both sides?

PS - are you sweeping, or tuning for max power?
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

I am tuning the same sides high and low as original. I am changing frequencies. I tuned with tracking generator first time. The second time I tuned with signal generator and receivers. I am wondering if swr protect is shutting down the R1225 transmitter. I do not seem to have the notch affecting the transmitt frequency on transmitt cavity. There is no desense. I am using R2660 as load and wattmeter.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Okay. do it again with the sweep gen / spec analyser, use a dummy load on the open port. Tune for peak pass freq with the rods and dip the reject freq with the caps.
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

I connected two Bird meters in series with a very short cable. I watched both forward and reflected power and tuned the transmitt side for best forward and reflected. I now have 40 watts forward and almost 0 reflected into the duplexer and 27 out as read on R2600. This is progress. The receive side is terminated into Bird load.
arlojanis

Post by arlojanis »

Duplex operation is now good. Would alignment on sweep gen have been better if I had pads on cables? Would I need a pad on both cables to R2600? I always use the Bird load on other port. What is a good pad to use and is available on ebay?
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

I don't use pads. I adjust the gen output levels where I need them - about -30db to set the pass peak, and -10db to set the reject dip. I do one side at a time. I put the spec analyser on the ant port, shove gen output into the side I'm tuning, and put a small 50 ohm load on the open port of the other side.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”