Minitor V vhf out of band won't tune

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rileym
What radios do you own?: XTS3k's

Minitor V vhf out of band won't tune

Post by rileym »

I have a pair of Minitor V pagers in VHF. Labeled as 160's band. Used engineering mode to change to 150's. Will not lock on channels in the mid 150's. Anyone have any ideas on what else I can do?
I flatulate P25.
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: Minitor V vhf out of band won't tune

Post by DJP126 »

Unfortunately, you can't just go into the software and reprogram the range info. The RF boards are diferent for the ranges. You are fighting a hardware problem.
Dave
rileym
What radios do you own?: XTS3k's

Post by rileym »

I had seen this done successfully with III's and IV's. Can they be re-tuned the same way?
I flatulate P25.
btm
New User
What radios do you own?: FTM-350R, VX8-DR, 2100H

Post by btm »

I'm curious why this Minitor V band splits are narrow. I would be interested if anyone has taken one apart and has an explanation. I hear that Motorola doesn't even let the shops take them apart and they have to send them to a Motorola depot to change parts, possibly due to the IS rating. P&W Service lists a VHF receiver board for band split B for the Minitor V but explicitly say that it "will not work to change band split." But, I emailed them about changing the band split and they said "The Pager must be purchased on the correct band split. We do not offer a service that will do that."
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

True, I dont know of any ships that take apart Minitor Vs to work on them.Have run across some aftermarket housings in crazy colors for the V but usually I see them because they have issues.
nothing

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”