Optimizing Quantar Configuration Via RSS

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

billschuman
New User

Optimizing Quantar Configuration Via RSS

Post by billschuman »

New to Quantar Configuration: New A Little Help!

I am looking for the optimal settings for Quantar UHF Analog/Digital Repeater; we see a notable difference between our old repeater (Vertex 5000) and the Quantar in both modes.

I recently purchased a Quantar UHF Analog/Digital P25; The Shop that I purchased from was to have programed the unit fully before shipping...
I do have the Motorola Software and it was necessary to make a few changes when I got the Gear, mostly the Astro setting to Astro Cali so we could use the Digital/P25
The Frequencies where set and the receiver were supposed to have been tuned: lol: So after basic testing we have put the repeater online (Northern New Jersey) and all seems to be working. We have noticed limited receive in analog and digital and there are a lot of configurations for this as well as having the receiver tuning checked for our Frequency.

I know there are some great Quantar Techs out there, What is the best configuration details. Emails or Calls welcome

Bill
862-432-3914

Return to “Radio Programming”