Astro Saber battery eliminator

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Batboard $upporter

Astro Saber battery eliminator

Post by 515 »

Has anyone bought one of those cheap ebay battery eliminators with the cigarette lighter plug for the Astro Saber? I'd like to get one, but it would be great to know if someone knows of one that is confirmed to work well with the radio. A lot of them look like bottom dollar china junk, but I'm hoping to find one that fits ok, reliably allows the radio to transmit at full power, and doesn't add noise to the audio.
MattSR

Re: Astro Saber battery eliminator

Post by MattSR »

I've had experience with 2 - one for an XTS3000 and the other was one I butchered up to make a KVL eliminator. They use off the shelf regulators, and have the required filter caps (generally speaking)

They seem to work OK, however the only issues were that the plastic cases aren't always formed to the right shape so they can be a hassle getting them on and off. YMMV.

I used the internals of one to install in a gutted MX300 battery so build my own eliminator for a KVL3000. No issues there either.
tvsjr

Re: Astro Saber battery eliminator

Post by tvsjr »

I have one on the bench.. couldn't justify the obscene amount of money for the real M version. I've never had a problem with it.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”