CommandStar Console Setup

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

2wayfreq
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 VHF, M-RK II UHF

CommandStar Console Setup

Post by 2wayfreq »

Hi,
We have a Command Star Console we are trying to setup/reconfigure but I'm just not sure how to access it with a laptop. I found the original CommandStar software disks (3211126-15 SR1) and loaded it. I have the (COMPUTER/PC) cable from the back of the console connected to an IBM thinkpad. The software seems to only allow access via modem in the COM Setup menu. There is also a login which is probably looking for a default admin password. I don't have the manual to reference to. I might try admin/admin (or something else?). Is there a way to change it to COM-1 ?
The only other software is Glenayre DOS Console version 3.0, I believe that is just for the dispatch side. Anyway, if anyone has ever worked on these and know how to acces them, let me know. Thanks!!
Radio Tech Troubleshooting Golden Rule #1: Check your connections

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”