Channel steering on XPR4550

Moderator: Queue Moderator

RF_Burns

Channel steering on XPR4550

Post by RF_Burns »

I tried to setup channel steering on an XPR4550 with no luck. With previous models (CDM's Radius etc) you would just pull the programmed pins to ground to binary to assert channel steering but this does not work (no voltage even present on the programmed pins).

I tried applying 5v to a programmed pin and nothing happens. I've looked all over in programming for check boxes etc and could not find anything.

Anyone know how to do this?

thanks!
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Channel steering on XPR4550

Post by wavetar »

I can't recall if I've tried it on the mobiles or not, but it works just fine in the XPR8300/8400 repeaters, so it would follow that it should work in the mobiles. Perhaps it's a firmware issue? What revision is your mobile?
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
RF_Burns

Post by RF_Burns »

Yes, I have done it on the repeater models as well with no issues.

Radio Firmware: R01.09.10, Codeplug 11.00.14.
CPIComm
New User

Post by CPIComm »

XPR4550 channel steering works just like the past radios with no issues. You're correct that you should be able to pull channel steering lines low when radio programmed for active low input. Not sure what voltage (im assumming 5vdc) should be on the pins but there should be some voltage.
jsilberberg

Post by jsilberberg »

"I've looked all over in programming for check boxes etc and could not find anything."

Looking at my XPR-4550 in Expert View, under Accessories, Under GPIO Physical Pins You can assign one of Channel 1-5. to the pins.

------------------
J. Silberberg
CompuDesigns, Inc.
Atlanta, GA.
RF_Burns

Post by RF_Burns »

At first I did not have 5V on any of the programmable I/O lines with Pin 19 programmed for Channel Steering 1 (Active low). So I loaded up pins 20,21,22,& 24 with the balance of the channel steering lines and voila! I now have 5 volts on all lines and channel steering now works!

I then removed all but CH Steering Line 1 (pin 19) and all the pins kept their 5Volts and pin 19 still works for steering back to channel 1. A new Motorola feature discovered ;)
CPIComm
New User

Post by CPIComm »

RF_Burns wrote:At first I did not have 5V on any of the programmable I/O lines with Pin 19 programmed for Channel Steering 1 (Active low). So I loaded up pins 20,21,22,& 24 with the balance of the channel steering lines and voila! I now have 5 volts on all lines and channel steering now works!

I then removed all but CH Steering Line 1 (pin 19) and all the pins kept their 5Volts and pin 19 still works for steering back to channel 1. A new Motorola feature discovered ;)
Interesting...gotta love Motorola sometimes. Glad you got it working though!

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”