Question On Archives and COmputers

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

celltech25

Question On Archives and COmputers

Post by celltech25 »

Not really what section to ask this so if this is wrong please move,

Trying to come up with a simple solution for Archives,

Currently we have 2 programming PC's at our office setup fulltime, then all techs carry laptops and store archives on them, I am trying to come up with something to keep all the PC's updated with Current archives,

I have tried having all laptops sync to a google drive account but for some reason some of the Software doesnt play nicely like CM300/CP200 software when you try to go into the google drive folder to pull up a saved archive the software shuts down,

Anyone doing anything like this now and care to share your setup or thoughts ont his

Thanks Jason
Dave518

Re: Question On Archives and COmputers

Post by Dave518 »

I have our laptops set up for offline files with our server mapped as a network drive on each laptop. This ensures the technician always has access to the most recent archives. When the technician returns from the field and connects to the network the offline files will sync with the server deleting any files deleted offline and adding any altered - new files created in the field. This is a lot more simple than it sounds and it has worked perfectly for a few years now. Drop me a PM if you want more information.
celltech25

Post by celltech25 »

what software are you using to sync

we have a server so thats not an issue i jsut havent found a sync software that wants to play nice with M software

like I posted Google Drive works great keeping the files updated but you cant open them in software. If i move the files from teh google drive folder to the desktop it will load but wont load if its inside teh google drive folder which is asscessable offline
Dave518

Post by Dave518 »

Just use the offline files feature in Windows. You don't need any additional software.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

running ownCloud...like Win offline files, but better user controls.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”