GR1225 - Speaker Mutes With External PTT

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Birken Vogt

GR1225 - Speaker Mutes With External PTT

Post by Birken Vogt »

One more question about this 1225 repeater: I got it working today but noticed when it is set to carrier repeat mode, audio comes out the front speaker so long as the volume is turned up. However, when the LTR controller takes command and sets it transmitting, the speaker is muted. I would rather hear the speaker all the time for diagnostic purposes. Is there a setting somewhere I can change in the software?
Ali Abbassi

Re: GR1225 - Speaker Mutes With External PTT

Post by Ali Abbassi »

from what point you have taken your flat Rx audio for LTR controller ?
Birken Vogt

Post by Birken Vogt »

Pin 11 programmed as flat via RSS in "External Accessories" page.

It is not much matter now, as the 1225 receiver cannot handle even what the (good) preselector at the site is giving it, and I am going to replace it with a TKR-750 and use the 1225 somewhere else, at a low level site with a simple duplexer where there aren't intermod problems that it can't handle. I have not been impressed with this unit on many levels.
Ali Abbassi

Post by Ali Abbassi »

In RSS go to External Acc. page and Unmute the RX , and in Radio wide page select repeater with external controller.

Return to “Radio Programming”