MTR2000 CW ID - Does it Wait For Tx to End? ID w/o PL?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Birken Vogt

MTR2000 CW ID - Does it Wait For Tx to End? ID w/o PL?

Post by Birken Vogt »

I have a MTR2000 to set up and I would like to turn on a CW ID but I am not sure how it is going to work. I don't want to have to make two trips if it does something unexpected.

I did not see any info for this in the programming software so I would like to ask the gurus. I am familiar with the logic of a R1225. That repeater will let a voice tx override the ID and then just start over if it has been interrupted.

If I turn on a CW ID on the MTR2000, will it behave the same? Will it also send the ID without the DPL so the customer won't have to hear it?

Thanks for the help.
Bill_G

Re: MTR2000 CW ID - Does it Wait For Tx to End? ID w/o PL?

Post by Bill_G »

It will behave the same. It will be polite and patient. And I think it xmits without pl, but you'll have to verify that.
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

Yes, it will send CW ID without PL/DPL after the appropriate time interval. However if something else keys the station during the ID, it will stop the ID mid-stream and let the voice through. After things get quiet it will try to do the ID again. On a busy repeater that doesn't go quiet long enough, it may NEVER ID. That could be a problem on some services, particularly amateur radio in the US.

Bob M.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

kcbooboo wrote: That could be a problem on some services, particularly amateur radio in the US.
It could be a problem in every service that requires regular IDs during periods of activity. Part 90, Part 74... I guess Part 22 would not be affected since it doesn't have any ID requirements!
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

That is why I set CWID for my amateur repeaters to be every 8 minutes, just to give me 2 minutes of buffer, before I reach that 10 minute mark.
I also run with my subs in carrier squelch as well so I can initiate the pause if I'm in a QSO to let my repeater ID.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

use an external controller. Not easy to do with the MTR but that's what we had to do.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

MTS2000des wrote:Not easy to do with the MTR but that's what we had to do.
Disagree. It's quite easy, especially if a wireline board is present.
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Post by MTS2000des »

escomm wrote:
MTS2000des wrote:Not easy to do with the MTR but that's what we had to do.
Disagree. It's quite easy, especially if a wireline board is present.
Ours did not have the wireline board.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”