Minitor 5/6 Programming question

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ces911
What radios do you own?: APX8000,NX5210

Minitor 5/6 Programming question

Post by ces911 »

How can I fix this issue,

Our tones are A-B and A-C, We have a Duty tone and a All call tone. When toning the all call they tone (A-B and then A-C) When they tone the all call the pager records the all call tone and then a separate recording for the all call tone.. is there any way to fix this in programming
I monitor my PM's, So I should reply fairly quick...
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: Minitor 5/6 Programming question

Post by SteveC0625 »

ces911 wrote:How can I fix this issue,

Our tones are A-B and A-C, We have a Duty tone and a All call tone. When toning the all call they tone (A-B and then A-C) When they tone the all call the pager records the all call tone and then a separate recording for the all call tone.. is there any way to fix this in programming
I've never heard of a way around this. It's how the pager is designed to work. An alert triggers the stored voice. A second alert triggers it again. If you had three alerts programmed, it would do the same again.

You could set up one of the function switch settings to be on/off duty. That could eliminate your Duty tones from from triggering SV if a member sets himself (or herself) off duty. It would help but it won't eliminate the problem. And members would have to remember to set themselves on or off duty.

The only other solution would be to have dispatch only send out the All Call for all call situations. That's not a perfect solution either, but something to think about.
ces911

Post by ces911 »

SteveC0625 wrote:
ces911 wrote:How can I fix this issue,

I've never heard of a way around this. It's how the pager is designed to work. An alert triggers the stored voice. A second alert triggers it again. If you had three alerts programmed, it would do the same again.

You could set up one of the function switch settings to be on/off duty. That could eliminate your Duty tones from from triggering SV if a member sets himself (or herself) off duty. It would help but it won't eliminate the problem. And members would have to remember to set themselves on or off duty.

The only other solution would be to have dispatch only send out the All Call for all call situations. That's not a perfect solution either, but something to think about.
Thanks. The other question I have is that after it receives alert it doesn't re mute it self and stays open to other traffic until i push reset button..
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

ces911 wrote:Thanks. The other question I have is that after it receives alert it doesn't re mute it self and stays open to other traffic until i push reset button..
On the V, Delayed N instead of Revert N. Stick with about 10 seconds.

Not sure on the VI as I am not working with them yet.
ces911

Post by ces911 »

Thanks again. I set it to 18 sec. Sometimes our disp takes a few seconds before talking.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”