Centracom Gold Elite B&L Resource Alias Display - Help?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

d119

Centracom Gold Elite B&L Resource Alias Display - Help?

Post by d119 »

So I recently converted our shop CEB from Centracom Series II+ to Gold Elite. The PC op works fine, but we also have a Centracom Compact B&L op.

The B&L op used to display the resource name (UHF-1, REPEATER, etc.) on the respective DCCM's when the resource wasn't selected. Now, it just displays 02B, 03B, etc.

In a brief conversation with an engineer friend at Motorola, it was mentioned aliases need to be uploaded to an ADMI card. So I put a COIM in the CEB, programmed it as an ADMI, it comes online, but I cannot connect to it using the ADMI software and a standard CEB programming cable/RS232 card. The ADMI application just shows "Link Down". It APPEARS this is the appropriate place to edit/upload the resource alias information, but I'm not sure - I've never done this before.

Does the ADMI require special firmware? The card lights up and comes online properly without issue... I would think if there was a PersPROM/Firmware mismatch we'd have lights indicating such.

Anyone know how to fix this? I have ZERO experience with B&L in a Gold Elite environment.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Harold

Re: Centracom Gold Elite B&L Resource Alias Display - Help?

Post by Harold »

I am having the same issue. Does anyone have a resolution?
alex
Administrator

Post by alex »

Shot in the dark - do you have to set a jumper on the board like when you MUPL a Modem?
The Radio Information Board: http://www.radioinfoboard.com
Your source for information on: Harris/Ma-Comm/EFJ/RELM/Kenwood/ICOM/Thales, equipment.
d119

Post by d119 »

No. Turns out you need a special, rare smart card (COIM type) with special firmware called a CIMI to hold the aliases for B&L operation.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”