Mobile Based Repeater

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

medic1827

Mobile Based Repeater

Post by medic1827 »

Hello everyone.

I've been out of the radio end of things for awhile and I'm not quite up to speed with what's out there at the moment. I'm looking to build a repeater utilizing two mobile radios for extremely occasional use (hence not wanting to stick the $$ into a full-on repeater) in a mobile command center. There used to be RICK boxes for radios such as the M1225s and such but I've been doing a bit of reading that those seem to have since been made obsolete by newer technology. What's out there that's worth looking into? I know I may be opening pandora's box but I'd like to explore all my options. As a bit ov background we'd be operating on VHF frequencies.

Thanks everyone!

John
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: Mobile Based Repeater

Post by SteveC0625 »

medic1827 wrote:Hello everyone.

I've been out of the radio end of things for awhile and I'm not quite up to speed with what's out there at the moment. I'm looking to build a repeater utilizing two mobile radios for extremely occasional use (hence not wanting to stick the $$ into a full-on repeater) in a mobile command center. There used to be RICK boxes for radios such as the M1225s and such but I've been doing a bit of reading that those seem to have since been made obsolete by newer technology. What's out there that's worth looking into? I know I may be opening pandora's box but I'd like to explore all my options. As a bit ov background we'd be operating on VHF frequencies.

Thanks everyone!

John
Look at Ebay seller mre1032, he makes a nice series of repeater interconnect cables for the Motorola radios with 16 and 20 pin accessory connectors, including the M1225. Do some searches here on batlabs and check out repeater-builder.com. Everything you seek is there for the reading. And, no, it's not Pandora's box by any means. What you are thinking about is pretty much the norm right now for hobby repeaters.
fineshot1

Post by fineshot1 »

The ID-O-Matic controllers are the best cost/features approach.
See the 3rd generation below with a click on the website.

http://www.hamgadgets.com/ID-O-MATIC-III
fineshot1
NJ USA
medic1827

Post by medic1827 »

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the assist!

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”