MTS2000 Help Needed

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

yagermeister

MTS2000 Help Needed

Post by yagermeister »

I have a Model I VHF MTS2000 that won't power up. It was opened up to verify component IDs, and now will not power up; the green LED flashes very briefly when the radio is turned on, then nothing. Both flex cables appear to be in good shape, and are seated evenly. Can anyone recommend a repair shop for this type of radio?
Thank You
WA7IEP
WQZW304
CircleBat

Re: MTS2000 Help Needed

Post by CircleBat »

sounds like a battery issue...

Circlebat
yagermeister

Post by yagermeister »

I appreciate your help. Sure enough I put a fully charged battery on the radio and it goes thru selftest and works now. I had recently charged a couple of Motorola NiMH batteries that I had on the two MTS2000s, and I took a battery off of one that worked fine and put it on the suspect radio. It didn't work. Then I tried another one that powered the other radio, and it didn't work. Apparently this radio wants a bit higher charge or voltage. Both are 2013 date coded Motorola NiMH batteries, so maybe I've been short cycling them. I'll have to keep better track. I'm just happy that I didn't ruin the radio!
Thank You
WA7IEP
WQZW304
CircleBat

Post by CircleBat »

just make sure u don't cycle those batteries to 0 volt... you will have problems

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”