CDM1250 'Test Mode' Tone Volume

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ten13

CDM1250 'Test Mode' Tone Volume

Post by ten13 »

Hi, Gang....

While programming a 1250, the volume for the 'test mode' (as opposed to the tone for pressing buttons, changing channels, etc) is a BIT loud. The other tone is OK, but when it's finished in the test mode, the sound seems to be overly loud.

What...and where in the S/W....is the control for that tone volume?

Thanks!
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Re: CDM1250 'Test Mode' Tone Volume

Post by thebigphish »

you mean the musical tone? You're worried about adjusting the test mode tone?

Invest your time in worrying about other more meaningful things, not that. That's fixed.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Post by KG4INW »

We just cover the speaker with a free hand until it's done doing its thing because of the full volume blast successful tone they emit. Doing several hundred portables (since HT750s/1250s are in the same family) in one day can get tiring!
ten13

Post by ten13 »

Thanks, KG4INW, for your reasonable and common-sense reply, and for returning my respect for this Board.

That's what I was doing during programming, covering the speaker, but I figured there should be some way of eliminating it or turning it down. Now I know there isn't.

Unfortunately, there are some who think that, if you don't know as much as them, you shouldn't even have a radio, and should be personally criticized accordingly.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”