MTR3000

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Muxlow
New User

MTR3000

Post by Muxlow »

Iv got a question about a MTR3000 repeater

Possibly picking one of these up next week, person selling it says this

Repeater was working, then i changed the network option to Peer or Master (cant remember now) with the IP Repeater Programming box checked and the zone channel set to system controller mode
Now when the repeater starts up the left side fan comes on for 2 seconds (sometimes up to 4) then goes off.
Right side fan does not come on at all.
All lights other then the last 2 (Ethernet and ext) flash amber at the same time for 10 flashes (or seconds) with the Mode LED being flashing blue. After 10 seconds the last LED comes on solid amber for 3 seconds and all the lights shut off for a second and restart the 10 second loop again
When connected to USB it connects to the computer for 2 seconds and disconnects so it can't read/write a codeplug back into it

Now what would that issue be? I know very very little about these things, want to pick on up to mess around with and learn about it.
Want to make sure it is something fixable and not a dud repeater or something that could cost a million to fix

Its a true MTR3000 not an upgrade from the MTR2000
Was programed with the zone channel to System controller mode, link type to master and ip repeater programming enabled. (to the best the guy can remember)

Was working prior to that with the settings on Peer, ip repeater box unchecked and the digital channel set as system controller.
Bill_G

Re: MTR3000

Post by Bill_G »

If I were to guess, I'd say he loaded a corrupted codeplug. Whether you can recover from that or not I don't know. It may need a trip to the depot.
Muxlow
New User

Post by Muxlow »

He read the plug from the MTR and changed a few things and loaded it back in then this happen.

The repeater is on its way here so guess we shall see if im able to fix or not.. Seems like a total software issue so has to be someway i can tinker with it and revive er
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

It may have gotten corrupted on his machine. Seen it before on other models. Read - Save - Write - Brick. The Fickle Finger of Fate loves to mess with us.
Muxlow
New User

Post by Muxlow »

How does one recover from that without sending it out for a costly repair?
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

You can try writing in a default codeplug.
Muxlow
New User

Post by Muxlow »

Little unsure how i can load a codeplug when its having connectivity issues via USB disconnecting after 3 seconds

But wednesday once i have it with me ill try anyways. Perhaps the person who had this is a noob and did something wrong.. Althou it seems kind of hard to mes sup plugging in a USB port

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”