GTR8000-- Cannot access alignment screen

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

2wayfreq
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: XTS5000 VHF, M-RK II UHF

GTR8000-- Cannot access alignment screen

Post by 2wayfreq »

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has seen this before. I read the station and go to Service--> Alignment. The busy icon swirls and it come up with the following error: "Unable to start a service session with this device. The device may currently be serviced by another application."
On the Mode Screen--Current Station-Normal. But the button underneath is also indicates "Normal" and greyed out. I can't select Service Mode. It does not have this issue on another laptop and that laptop behaves normally. And, no matter what GTR you read, it does it. I have uninstalled the CSS and re-installed a fresh copy. The only other thing I can think of is that there is some other file on the drive that is corrupted or can't update some kind of config data.
Last edited by 2wayfreq on Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Radio Tech Troubleshooting Golden Rule #1: Check your connections
Jim202

Re: GTR8000-- Cannot access alignment screen

Post by Jim202 »

2wayfreq wrote:Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has seen this before. I read the station and go to Service--> Alignment. The busy icon swirls and it come up with the following error: "Unable to start an service session with this device. The device may currently be serviced by another application."
On the Mode Screen--Current Station-Normal. But the button underneath is also indicates "Normal" and greyed out. I can't select Service Mode. It does not have this issue on another laptop and that laptop behaves normally. And, no matter what GTR you read, it does it. I have uninstalled the CSS and re-installed a fresh copy. The only other thing I can think of is that there is some other file on the drive that is corrupted or can't update some kind of config data.

I ran into an issue where I couldn't load any new version of Astro25 CPS. Ended up formatting the hard drive and loading a fresh Windows XP operating system again. Then load all the other programs I needed again. Not saying this is the same issue that you had, but it did solve my problem.

Jim
2wayfreq
Batboard $upporter

Post by 2wayfreq »

Ok, Thanks. I'm pretty sure now it's some kind of GTR related library file etc. that went bad. I'm going to have to erase any traces of 7.14 and re-install.
2wayfreq
Batboard $upporter

Post by 2wayfreq »

Problem Resolved--- Tried to access Alignment screen this morning and it now works. There is no rhyme or reason why it is suddenly ok.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”