PM400 Time out timer

This forum is for discussions regarding all aspects of Motorola radio programming, including hardware, computers, installation and use of RSS/CPS, firmware upgrades, and troubleshooting. There are subforums for discussions of codeplugs, and also for software/firmware release notes and issues.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pyrojim
New User

PM400 Time out timer

Post by Pyrojim »

s the 60 second time out timer on a PM400 adjustable in the CPS? I need to send data, and the 60 second limit is killing me. I've looked in the CPS menus and can't find where I can change it.

Does anyone know?

I like this little radio, but if I have a fixed time out timer value, it's going on eBay tonight.
Lake Effect

Re: PM400 Time out timer

Post by Lake Effect »

In the conventional personality under the transmit frequency and pl/dpl area and signaling type is the time out timer setting. You will not be able to see it unless your view setting is "expert".

L.E.
Pyrojim
New User

Post by Pyrojim »

Thank you.

I was seriously bummed out thinking I had to start over with a new radio.

That fixed my problem.
Pyrojim
New User

Post by Pyrojim »

Do you know what the "Time out timer delay" does?

This would be SO much easier if I had some documentation.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

Pyrojim wrote:Do you know what the "Time out timer delay" does?

This would be SO much easier if I had some documentation.

The time Out Timer (TOT) was put there to provide 2 solutions. The first is to prevent the radio from burning up if for some reason it gets locked up in the transmit mode. The second reason is so the radio doesn't tie up a radio system if by some chance someone manages to sit on the mic while driving down the road. The conversations might be interesting at times, but you can't use the channel in the mean time.

Normally when you time out the transmitter, it puts a steady tone out of the radio speaker until you unkey the radio. This gives you an indication that for what ever reason, the transmitter just shut off and you can't key it again until you solve the cause for the PTT or keying condition.

Jim

Return to “Radio Programming”